Have you tried everything to lose weight and failed? Well, we have the answer for you – yoga. This method of exercise mixes the best of both worlds – fitness and meditation. The best part about it, is that no matter what your weight is or where you want to get rid of flab, you can do it with aasanas in yoga. It is light on the joints and the chances of injury – if done initially under the guidance of a trained professional – are minimal. Moreover you don’t have to waste thousands on that expensive gym membership; yoga can be practised from the comfort of your home. All you need are some comfortable clothes and a yoga mat and you are good to go. So to start you off on your holistic weight loss journey here are 12 yoga exercises you can practice to melt away the pounds.
1. Cobra Pose
Even beginners can get good results from this simple yoga pose, which works to firm the buttocks and tone the abs.
- Lie face-down on the floor, with the tops of your feet flat against the ground.
- Press your legs and hips down. Place your hands under your shoulders, palms down and fingers spread apart.
- Press into your hands, lifting your head, chest and upper back off the mat. Keep your gaze forward and up and your shoulder blades down and back.
- Push back your shoulders and feel the stretch spread evenly along the length of your spine.
- After a few deep breaths, relax to a prone position on an exhale.
2. Wind-Releasing Pose
This fat-burning yoga pose is great for targeting your abdominal area.
- Lie down on the floor and bring your knees up to your chest with your ankles together.
- Clasp your arms together over your knees as you bring your head up off the floor.
- Breathe deep as you feel the stretch work your abs, then relax slowly.
3. Bow Pose
This advanced yoga pose can really burn fat while toning your arms, legs and abdominal area.
- Lie down on your stomach, bend your knees and reach around to grab your feet.
- Pull in your stomach and extend your feet upward, raising your upper body at the same time. Keep your shoulder blades down and back.
- Hold for several breaths, then relax.
4. Side-Stretch Pose
This yoga pose can help raise your heart-rate and burn calories.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip width apart.
- Rotate your torso and turn both your feet to the right. Keeping legs straight, exhale and hinge over your right leg until your torso is parallel to the floor, reaching your hands to the ground (if you can’t touch the floor, you can rest them on a block).
- Hinge further with each exhale, moving your torso closer to your right thigh.
- Remember to keep breathing, then relax and repeat in the opposite direction.
5. Warrior I Pose
This yoga pose can work your abs, thighs and arms, and is most effective if used as part of a sequence like Sun Salutation.
- Standing straight, step your left leg 4-5 feet to the left, then rotate both feet and your torso toward the left.
- Bend your left knee over your toes while keeping your right leg straight.
- Raise both arms high above your head with your fingertips pointing upward, looking up at your hands.
YOGA POSES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Content Credit :- mp3skull